Day #062@ A Gathering of the Tribe Part #2/4
A Fable for Our Times
aka Comprehension & Speaking Combination:
At the time of writing (2023/5/20) there is a very real fear of totalitarianism taking over the planet, especially in the western countries. The people of many countries are at war against their corrupt governments. Evidence suggests that if we are not able to topple these corrupt and hypocritical regimes and regain our true freedom and human rights, the rest of the world might follow.
According to this beautiful allegory, help is on the way. From the future. A million years into the future. From a surprising race of people: highly evolved future versions of ourselves.
Hereinbelow find what you will be able to do upon completion of all the exercises.
- Expand your vocabulary by matching each word with its definition.
- Work out how words related to each other.
- Know the Difference Between Verbs, Adjectives and Nouns.
- Look at an answer and create a corresponding question.
- Match each word with another that is similar in meaning.
- Distinguish between correct and incorrect answers to a simple question.
- Rearrange jumbled-up sentences into a correct sequence.
- Practise recall of important information.
- Make intelligent guesses on meanings of phrases.
- Find an alternative way to say a sentence or phrase or phrase.
- Decide what is true and what is false in a sentence.
- Determinine what is strange in a sentence.
Try to remember from the previous activity. If not possible, watch the video again of “A Gathering Of The Tribe” then do the exercises below.
Activity #1 @HMDYR+ FIB
aka How Much Do You Remember? Fill In The Blanks
Go Straight to the Exercises or Watch the Video Again
aka Read Think Speak Check Pronunciation
INSTRUCTIONS: Read the sentence. A word is missing. Think of the question you need to ask to to get the answer.
|hang in the balance||懸かっている|