Play with English as you carry out the following activities*:
Word Building Activity; FLUENCY TRAINING thru SHADOWING ie LISTENING and REPEATING/DRILLS; MEMORY TRAINING through CREATIVE VISUALIZATION; plus Pronunciation Check ;
Optional RAD activity ie Record and Download Your Version of the sentence.
(*EIKEN Pre-1 Level; CEFR B2; PBT 550; iBT 80; IELTS 5.5-6.5; TOEIC 1560-1840)
Watch the short video and answer the Drag and Drop multiple – choice – type – questions
Word Building Activity; FLUENCY TRAINING thru SHADOWING ie LISTENING and REPEATING/DRILLS; MEMORY TRAINING through CREATIVE VISUALIZATION; plus Pronunciation Check
Click here for some awesome shadowing hints.
Use the image as a prompt to mentally recall the entire sentence. Alternatively, a better option- to help you remember it would be to create your own bizarre, funny, moving mnemonic!) Listen to the sentences here. Pause after each one and repeat
Do a low tech check on your pronunciation below. No need to take the results too seriously; just play around with your voice a little. See what marvels you can create…..
Record each sentence then listen and check your pronunciation. If you are happy with the result download the recording into a specially reserved folder for future reference and recycling / remembering practice.
1. The air was _____ so she opened all the windows to let in some fresh air.
2. The _____ were just another of the city’s strong-arm policies.
3. We did a two-week tour of the outback and it was _____.
4. She was asked to sign the document with a ballpoint pen.
5. I threw the _____ pair of socks into the laundry basket.
6. My granddaughter likes me to read her a bedtime story every _____.
7. Iceland gets only about 4 or 5 hours of _____ in the winter.
8. The _____ “Sound of Freedom” took home the No. 2 spot at the box office this _____.
9. The elegant three-tiered _____ stood proudly on the cake _____.
10. He took his _____ to the nearby carwash for a thorough _____.
11. The matador entered the bullring and faced the _____.
12. Sarah put on her stylish sunglasses to protect her eyes from the _____ light.